This academic year we have implemented the following programs to support our students:
- Curriculum: Students are using Triumph Learning as their main or supplemental curriculum to better prepare for the CAASPP. Students needing more support have also been directed to use Edgenuity since it offers lessons and gives immediate feedback to students on tests and quizzes.
- Tutoring: I created a spreadsheet for teachers to enter the students in need of extra support in math based on their CAASPP test and I ready results. At this moment, The students have all been assigned to a math tutor and are working either on 1:1 or small group tutoring. We also have credentialed math tutors assisting with SAI tutoring. We are also in the process of assigning students to our ELA tutor as well.
- Math Lab and ELA Lab: We are now offering math lab and ELA lab every workshop day at our Westlake location and on Wednesdays at our Oxnard location. In addition to this, our focus room is being supervised by a math teacher/tutor or an ELA teacher once a day on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays in Westlake and on Mondays and Wednesdays in Oxnard.
- CAASPP data analysis: We are in the process of analyzing our date for the past three years. Teachers have updated the CASSPP spreadsheet and have indicated for how long each one of their students have been testing with us (1,2, or 3 years). We are looking to follow each one of our students and see their progress since they’ve joined ROA. The data collected from this study will show us student growth in greater detail.
- Test prep: This year we are shifting our high school assessment from the ACT Aspire to the Interim Assessment. Four teachers will be attending training on scoring Interim Assessment. They will in turn-in train the other teachers and tutors on implementing IAC during our focus room/math labs and tutoring sessions. For students who are unable to attend those times, we will be offering the test on site on a Thursday before the winter break.
- Math Family Festival will be taking place on Thursday, November 2nd, at 12-2:00 pm. Teachers and tutors will be hosting different stations. Our goal is to continue encouraging our students and families to feel excited about mathematics and its applications.