Dear Prospective Homeschool Family,
Thank you for your interest in River Oaks Academy Charter School, a homeschool program. We are a public school operating with public educational funds. However, our homeschool program is structured differently from the traditional non-charter, classroom-based public school system. River Oaks is founded on the belief that all children are born with the capacity for brilliance. Our mission is to help children find, nurture and sustain the passion that will lead to their individual forms of brilliance. We strive towards our students' mastery of the skills to succeed in the workplace of today and tomorrow. We also offer workshops, tutoring and an environment, which is built on relationship, individualized structure and emergent curriculum.
Our program allows for all the different learning styles, abilities, and interests that are difficult to accommodate in a traditional classroom school setting. We offer a personalized learning environment, where unlike in a traditional public school, parents tailor the learning environment to the individual needs of their children. We do not offer "one-size-fits-all" curriculum, as we have access to a myriad of homeschool-friendly curriculum. Through your individually assigned Supervising Teacher, we provide training for our parents in curriculum choices, learning styles, and provide you with help in any areas as needed.
To begin our application process, please fill out the Enrollment form. Please make sure that you go through it carefully. If you have any questions, please email us before you return the packet. Once you are done and have the required attachments, you may either mail it back to us or drop if off at our office at 920 Hampshire Road, Suite X, Westlake Village.
We will then assign your child to a Supervising Teacher (ST). Our STs are credentialed teachers who oversee each student's educational progress. The ST will contact you to set up a time to meet where she can explain the various educational options available for your child. Please do not withdraw your child from his/her current school until you have met with your ST and are officially enrolled.
Thank you again for your interest in our school, and we look forward to working with you.
Claudia Weintraub, Director,
and the entire ROA Homeschool Team
In addition to the Enrollment form, we also need the following:
- Copy of your child's Birth Certificate
- Proof of Residency (utility bill: gas, water, or electric listing the physical address where you live, or residential rental/lease agreement)
- Copy of your child's Immunization Record
- If you would like an immunization waiver, please contact the school office
- Report of Health Exam for School Entry, for entering K and 1st graders
- If you would like a waiver, please contact the school office
- Oral Health Assessment or Waiver of Oral Health Assessment Requirement Request Form, for entering K and 1st graders.
- Copy of current IEP, Assessment Reports or Records Request Authorization form, if applicable, for special education students.
- For all 7th grade and new to our school 8th grade students: Proof of Tdap shot or waiver
- Transcripts (9-12 grades only)
- Media Release
- Authorization for Student Record Transfer form
This post is also available in: Spanish