ROA Director, Claudia Weintraub, has been interviewed by Mark Sylvester for 805 Conversations about the future of education and how River Oaks Academy helps families succeed. Click on the podcasts on the right to listen.
- Passion-Based Learning
- Career Pathway Programs
- Charter School Legislation
- College and Career Readiness
- Definition of Independent Learning
- The Role of Family in Supporting Students
- Parenting in a PandemicOctober 13, 2020 – Attend this free Zoom workshop to learn strategies for staying calm, managing stress & creating a peaceful home with Darlynn Childress, a trained parent educator and life coach, and mother of two sons. CLICK HERE FOR […]
- Cards for Senior Home
- ROA Grad Student SpeechAt our Graduation & End-of-Year Celebration on May 29th, one of our graduating seniors gave a passionate speech about his time at River Oaks Academy. We are so proud of his accomplishments and are delighted to share this with you. Please enjoy […]
- The Opera Lab (event)The Opera Lab Wednesday, May 1st @1PM | ROA Westlake The Opera Lab is an innovative highly interactive program designed to teach your students the A-B-and high Cs of opera! Guided by four professional singers specially trained in improvisation, your […]
- Resolution of the ROA Board Opposing Anti-Charter School BillsAddressing a clear and present danger to california’s public school system and the children it serves, in opposition to AB 1505, AB 1506, AB 1507 and ab 1508: […]
Board Meetings are held on the first Thursday of each month at River Oaks Academy, 920 Hampshire Road, Suite X, Westlake Village, at 7:00 p.m. Meetings may be cancelled or rescheduled due to unavoidable calendar issues. No meeting is scheduled during the month of July. Meetings are open to the public.
Click here for Board Agendas
River Oaks is a personalized learning, accredited public charter for students in kindergarten through grade twelve. Our families are fully supported by credentialed, caring teachers. We support a variety of learning and teaching styles and encourage “out-of-the” box approaches to learning and curriculum. Our approach is personalized to your family’s needs.
We are a public, tuition-free charter school. We are open to any student who wishes to attend a personalized learning program. We are exploration-based and creative, providing children with the opportunity to address the California content standards in a variety of methods. We incorporate onsite classes for socialization, parent participation and parent education.
As a personalized learning program, you can create your own schedule and your student works at his/her own pace. We believe that all children are born with the capacity for brilliance. It is our mission to help children find, nurture and sustain the passion that will lead to their individual forms of brilliance, by allowing and tailoring education to ensure that every student achieves the highest standard possible.
At River Oaks Academy we believe that twenty-first century children need an educational system that focuses more on process: an education that relies less on the rote memorization of out-dated facts and more on exploring, experimenting and creating. We believe that our students should learn to access information through synthesizing, prioritizing and analyzing. Our success has shown in our latest API score, which has increased by 46 points to 851.
In our program you will have the support of our highly qualified, credentialed teachers. Our teachers have extensive training to work with the varying needs of our students and are trained to guide and collaborate with our families to meet their needs. Our teachers are excited about our mission and vision and always stay on top of the latest personalized learning trends.
Support & Community
At River Oaks we support and are committed to a high level of parent participation. Parents are involved in a variety of committees and organize field trips, park days, parent mentor programs, potlucks and much more. Seasoned parents welcome new parents to the program, children make friends with new children and everyone participates in their own way. River Oaks Academy is filled with other families like yours who have made the choice to join our personalized learning program. We know you’ll find great events, make new friends and get thoughtful support.
NOTICE: THE CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION ("CDE") HAS REQUESTED THAT LOCAL EDUCATIONAL AGENCIES THROUGHOUT THE STATE POST THE FOLLOWING LINK: www.cde.ca.gov/morganhillcase PURSUANT TO CASE NO. 2:11-cv-3471-KJM-AC
This post is also available in: Spanish