(choose student/ river oaks academy) Students 3rd -8th (Username/password will be provided by coaching teachers)
(Math/ELA K-12th/some high science) (FREE)
(K-5) Username: email@example.com Password: riveroaks
(6-12) Online quizzes, resources and pearson textbooks
(K-8) social studies/science Login: firstname.lastname@example.org Password: riveroaks
Username: riveroaksacad Password: brainpop
(K-2) (by request)
(K-12) worksheets/readers/book studies Username: MICHAL.ROSENBLUM@ROAVC.COM Password: D6131767
(Spelling/vocab. 2nd-5th) (for logins ask your coaching teacher)
Video making resource (FREE, pay to upgrade)
Online Science Videos and Lessons Login Username: MichalRosenblum Password: River8Oaks!
(K-8) readers/books/audio books. email Michal.email@example.com to get a students account (class code: grc4561)
(interactive science K-8) Username: ROA2015science Password: ROA-science15
ADDITIONAL FREE ONLINE RESOURCES:
- Go to www.twinkl.com/offer and enter the following offer code: USATWINKLHELPS (This code will only work for new memberships.
- https://www.ck12.org/browse/ (all subjects K-12)
- http://www.openculture.com/freeonlinecourses (free college courses to HS students)
- Coursera: Every course on Coursera is taught by top instructors from world-class universities and companies, so you can learn something new anytime, anywhere. Hundreds of free courses give you access to on-demand video lectures, homework exercises, and community discussion forums. Paid courses provide additional quizzes and projects as well as a shareable Course Certificate upon completion.
- * Discovery Education: Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital curriculum resources for K–12 classrooms worldwide. We are the home to award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, and the largest professional development community of its kind.
- * PAST Foundation STEMStreaming: To support virtual education and distance learning, PAST created STEMStreaming. STEMStreaming is a wealth of teacher and parent resources that can help you get started. These PAST developed resources have been used by thousands across the world.
- * Exploring By The Seat of Your Pants: Exploring By The Seat Of Your Pants aims to inspire the next generation of scientists, explorers and conservationists. We do this by bringing science, exploration, adventure and conservation into classrooms through virtual speakers and field trips with leading experts across the globe. Since starting in September 2015 we've run well over 1,000 live events and connected hundreds of thousands of students to scientists and explorers in over 75 countries. Best part of all, it is and always will be 100% free for classrooms everywhere!
- * Exploratorium: The Exploratorium isn't just a museum; it's an ongoing exploration of science, art, and human perception. Explore our vast collection of online experiences to feed your curiosity and education resources supporting online teaching and learning.
- * Project Gutenberg: Project Gutenberg is a library of over 60,000 free eBooks. Choose among free epub and Kindle eBooks, download them or read them online. You will find the world's great literature here, with focus on older works for which U.S. copyright has expired.
- * Audible Online: Free online audio books for kids.
- * Project LIT/Vocabulary.com: Project LIT Community — a grassroots network of book groups that aims to get students excited about reading by highlighting diverse, high-interest, culturally relevant books. Project LIT provides reading lists for middle and high school students.
- * Open Culture: Take online courses from the world's top universities for free. Below, you will find 1,500 online courses from universities like Stanford, Yale, MIT, Harvard, Oxford and more. You can use this collection of online courses to learn everything you want--from history, philosophy and literature, to physics, biology, psychology, and computer science.
- * Free Rice: Hosted by the United Nations World Food Programme, Free Rice provides vocabulary and math fact practice paired with World Food Program incentivizing through food donations.