ROA Director, Claudia Weintraub, was interviewed by Mark Sylvester for 805Conversations about the future of education and how River Oaks Academy helps families succeed.
- The role of the family in supporting the student
- How to know if you are ready for home-schooling
- Home-schooled students are more articulate, more polite, more well-rounded and more likely to give back in their community and why that’s true.
- Project-based learning
- College and Career readiness
- Resolution of the ROA Board Opposing Anti-Charter School BillsApril 10, 2019Addressing a clear and present danger to california’s public school system and the children it serves, in opposition to AB 1505, AB 1506, AB 1507 and ab 1508: […]
- Order Your YearbookApril 9, 2019It’s time to order your yearbook! Head over to www.treering.com/validate and put in our school’s passcode: 101317239692570 The deadline is April 29th. […]
- Building Community With LIDE (event)March 19, 2019Come participate in FREE creative activities and wellness inspired by the LIDE concept of uniting and empowering communities on Thursday, April 11th at the ROA Westlake Campus. Activities will include yoga, meditation, writing, and art. The event is […]
- Lights, Camera, TV STUDIO!March 12, 2019Students are learning the production behind your favorite TV shows and the results are a hit! Using simulated multi-camera and live TV studio setups based on the industry professional standards. Teacher’s Neal and Sam have been training […]
- ROA Athlete University SigningFebruary 25, 2019Congratulations to River Oaks senior Alexa (Lexi) , who recently signed a National Letter of Intent to play intercollegiate tennis and attend the University of Texas, Austin, in the fall of 2019! Lexi has become a valuable member of the River Oaks […]
We’re proud to be named a #CAHonorRoll #ScholarSchool, which recognizes high performing schools across the state. The Honor Roll by CBEE is the only school recognition program in the state using only student achievement outcomes as the criteria and is a growing resource for all schools to learn about best practices that increase student achievement. CBEE utilizes data from the non-profit Educational Results Partnership, the largest longitudinally-linked, actionable school system of data in the country. http://edresults.org/HonorRoll/HonorRoll
Board Meetings are held on the first Thursday of each month at River Oaks Academy, 920 Hampshire Road, Suite X, Westlake Village, at 6:30 p.m. Meetings may be cancelled or rescheduled due to unavoidable calendar issues. No meeting is scheduled during the month of July. Meetings are open to the public.
Click here for Board Agendas
River Oaks is a personalized learning, accredited public charter for students in kindergarten through grade twelve. Our families are fully supported by credentialed, caring teachers. We support a variety of learning and teaching styles and encourage “out-of-the” box approaches to learning and curriculum. Our approach is personalized to your family’s needs.
We are a public, tuition-free charter school. We are open to any student who wishes to attend a personalized learning program. We are exploration-based and creative, providing children with the opportunity to address the California content standards in a variety of methods. We incorporate onsite classes for socialization, parent participation and parent education.
As a personalized learning program, you can create your own schedule and your student works at his/her own pace. We believe that all children are born with the capacity for brilliance. It is our mission to help children find, nurture and sustain the passion that will lead to their individual forms of brilliance, by allowing and tailoring education to ensure that every student achieves the highest standard possible.
At River Oaks Academy we believe that twenty-first century children need an educational system that focuses more on process: an education that relies less on the rote memorization of out-dated facts and more on exploring, experimenting and creating. We believe that our students should learn to access information through synthesizing, prioritizing and analyzing. Our success has shown in our latest API score, which has increased by 46 points to 851.
In our program you will have the support of our highly qualified, credentialed teachers. Our teachers have extensive training to work with the varying needs of our students and are trained to guide and collaborate with our families to meet their needs. Our teachers are excited about our mission and vision and always stay on top of the latest personalized learning trends.
Support & Community
At River Oaks we support and are committed to a high level of parent participation. Parents are involved in a variety of committees and organize field trips, park days, parent mentor programs, potlucks and much more. Seasoned parents welcome new parents to the program, children make friends with new children and everyone participates in their own way. River Oaks Academy is filled with other families like yours who have made the choice to join our personalized learning program. We know you’ll find great events, make new friends and get thoughtful support.
NOTICE: THE CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION ("CDE") HAS REQUESTED THAT LOCAL EDUCATIONAL AGENCIES THROUGHOUT THE STATE POST THE FOLLOWING LINK: www.cde.ca.gov/morganhillcase PURSUANT TO CASE NO. 2:11-cv-3471-KJM-AC
This post is also available in: Spanish